Whiplash injuries might sound minor, but they can pack a serious punch. They often occur in car accidents and strain your neck. Around 120,000 whiplash cases are reported in the US each year. While some recover quickly others face long-term pain and discomfort. It’s crucial to seek medical attention to reduce the risk of lifelong complications.
When it comes to post-whiplash care, most people choose the natural healing approach of chiropractic care. Wondering how long you should stick with chiropractic sessions? Seeking consultation from an auto accident injury chiropractor after a whiplash injury is helpful. However, the duration of treatment varies. Today we will discuss the ideal timeframe for chiropractic care after a whiplash injury.
Auto accidents and chiropractic care benefits
Chiropractic care can make a world of difference while you are recovering from a whiplash injury. Here is why those gentle chiropractic adjustments are worth considering:
Targeted Pain Relief: Whiplash injuries cause neck and back pain, headaches, and muscle stiffness. In this case, you need targeted pain relief. Hence, chiropractic adjustments can significantly reduce discomfort with targeted adjustments.
Prevention of Chronic Pain: Chiropractic care addresses the root cause. When the underlying issues are corrected, it prevents long-term pain and discomfort.
No need for medications: Chiropractic care doesn’t rely on pain medications. It is a drug-free alternative to manage pain.
Pain-Free Techniques: Chiropractic adjustments are gentle. You will experience minimal discomfort during the sessions.
Suitable for Everyone: Chiropractic care is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. Senior citizens, athletes or children, anyone can seek chiropractic adjustments after a whiplash injury.
Affordability and Cost-Effectiveness: Chiropractic care is a cost effective treatment choice for whiplash recovery. It offers potential long-term savings because chiropractic adjustments help prevent future injuries as well.
How long do you have to seek auto injury chiropractic care?
You need to visit several times a week for the initial intensive care after a whiplash injury. Visits are more frequent only for the first few weeks. Treatment provided in this phase focuses on reducing pain and inflammation.
The frequency of visits decreases as your condition improves. Many patients start to feel significant relief within the first few weeks of treatment. The extended phase of care is still recommended to prevent future issues. The extended phase can last for two to three more weeks. Treatment provided in this phase helps in stabilizing the spine and strengthening the supporting muscles.
A typical course of chiropractic care for whiplash injuries can be for a few weeks or a few months. Regular progress evaluations will guide the chiropractor in adjusting the treatment plan according to your response. It’s crucial to attend all recommended sessions to ensure the best possible outcome.
Things you need to know about auto injury whiplash treatment in Tallahassee
- Cost and Insurance: Chiropractic care is often covered by insurance plans. Hence it is an affordable option for many. Make sure to check your insurance coverage and inquire about payment plans offered by chiropractic clinics.
- Eligibility and Safety: Chiropractic care is generally safe for individuals of all ages. You should inform your chiropractor if you have any existing health conditions or concerns.
- Managing Pain and Discomfort: It is absolutely normal to experience some level of discomfort or soreness after a session. The soreness usually goes away on its own after a couple of hours.
- Diet and Hydration: Proper nutrition and hydration are important for a faster healing process. Follow a balanced diet and stay hydrated. It will enhance the effectiveness of chiropractic treatments.
- Comfortable Clothing: Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to your chiropractic appointments. This allows the chiropractor easy access to the areas requiring treatment. Avoid wearing accessories like belts or jewelry that might interfere with the chiropractic adjustments.
- Open Communication: Discuss your expectations, concerns, and any changes in your condition. Your feedback guides the chiropractor in tailoring the treatment plan.
- Post-Treatment Care: Your chiropractor will guide you with some exercises and lifestyle adjustments. Follow these diligently to maintain the benefits of the chiropractic sessions between appointments.
How is whiplash injury treated by a chiropractor in 32301?
Chiropractors employ various techniques to address whiplash injuries:
- Spinal Adjustments: Chiropractors use controlled, gentle force to realign the spine. This alignment reduces nerve irritation, pain, and muscle spasms.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: You can also get massage therapy, stretching, and trigger point therapy. It helps in releasing tension in the affected muscles and ligaments.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Chiropractors suggest certain exercises to prevent future injuries after whiplash.
- Ultrasound and Cold Therapy: Ultrasound uses sound waves to stimulate healing, while cold therapy numbs the affected area.
- Lifestyle and Ergonomic Advice: Seek advice for proper posture, ergonomic workplace setups, and suitable sleeping positions.
- Supportive Devices: Chiropractors may recommend supportive devices like cervical collars to stabilize the neck during the healing process.
Chiropractic care is very effective for whiplash injury treatments. The duration of chiropractic care after a whiplash injury varies. However, consistent visits are essential for a comprehensive recovery. If you’re searching for “trusted chiropractic care for whiplash near me” look no further than Pragle Chiropractic and Massage Therapy clinic in 32301.
At our clinic, you will get tailored treatments from Dr. Eric. He is a highly experienced auto accident injury chiropractor in Tallahassee. Students from across College Park and Florida State University trust Dr. Eric for specialized treatment of whiplash injuries. He is the 5/5 rated chiropractor for AO Treatment. He can help you with car accident injuries like whiplash, neck pain, back pain or a pinched nerve. If you are around Leroy Collins Leon County Main Public Library, then visit the Pragle Chiropractic Clinic across the street and take the first step toward healing.