Did you know that whiplash is a common injury that often results from rear-end collisions of cars?
As reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, around 30% of crash injuries are whiplash injuries.
Imagine you are driving back home after a long day at work and you get into an unexpected collision at a busy intersection. In such cases, people experience stiffness, neck pain, and discomfort within the next 24 hours. However, sometimes, the onset of whiplash injury symptoms might take longer. Regardless of the delayed onset of symptoms, it is highly recommended to immediately search for “car accident doctor near me” or “a chiropractor in 32301”.
In today’s post, we will discuss the recovery timeline for auto injury treatment and will find out why it’s essential to seek medical attention even if you feel fine immediately after an accident.
What are the common types of car accident injuries?
Understanding the common types of auto injuries empowers drivers to be more aware of the importance of seeking immediate medical attention. Whether someone is involved in distracted driving, impaired driving, and reckless behavior, the following are the most common car accident injuries reported.
- Whiplash: It occurs due to sudden jerking motion and it strains the soft tissues in the neck.
- Spinal injuries: Due to high impact collision, the spinal cord gets damaged resulting in paralysis.
- Chest injuries: The impact of the steering wheel can also cause internal injuries in the chest.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Around 14% of all crash-related injuries are brain injuries that are caused by bump, blow, or jolt to the head.
- Fractures and contusions: These occur due to high-impact collisions or forceful impact against the vehicle’s interior.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Emotional trauma from an accident is widely common. It should be treated as PTSD causes long-term psychological distress.
Searching for auto injury treatment near me: Why immediate action matters?
Mild symptoms, denial, lack of insurance, or time constraints are some reasons that many car accident survivors ignore seeing a doctor immediately. It may feel like the sudden jolts were not severe, but seeking immediate care is highly recommended. Timely treatment is beneficial in the following ways.
- Delaying medical attention can worsen the condition
- Early intervention prevents the development of severe conditions
- Timely intervention is required for insurance claims and legal purposes
- Prompt treatment shorter the recovery period
- In case of trauma, prompt treatment is life-saving
- Timely care detects hidden injuries that are not visible immediately
Choosing the best auto injury doctors near me
Now that you know the significance of immediate treatment, you must be wondering which of the healthcare approaches is the most beneficial.
When it comes to auto injuries, chiropractors are often considered the best option. Chiropractors perform gentle spinal alignments and adjustments to assure more comprehensive recoveries. If you met with an accident, then you should consider chiropractic adjustments to quickly go back to life. Below are the advantages of visiting a chiropractor immediately after a collision.
- Targeted treatment: Car accidents often injure the spine, joints, and soft tissues, which can be treated effectively by a chiropractor. These are medical professionals who specialize in the musculoskeletal system, hence they can offer the best-targeted treatment after a car accident.
- Drug-free approach: People avoid seeking medical care because of the side effects of toxic pain management approaches. Chiropractic care focuses on natural healing and you don’t have to rely on medication to get better after an injury.
- Faster healing: Seeking chiropractic care immediately after an accident reduces inflammation, alleviates pain, and expedites the healing process.
- Effective for Various Auto Injuries: Gentle chiropractic adjustments can treat a wide range of auto injuries, including whiplash, strains, sprains, and spinal misalignments. Hence, it can be said that chiropractic care is suitable for various accident-related conditions.
- Pain management and holistic healing: Chiropractic adjustments not only focus on spinal realignment but the natural pain relieving approach works wonders for overall well-being. Chiropractic adjustments promote the overall functioning of the body, resulting in sound sleep, improved blood circulation, improved immunity, and enhanced emotional state.
Tailored treatment by a car accident chiropractor in Tallahassee
As soon as you visit a chiropractor’s clinic, a thorough evaluation is done to assess your injuries. Tests can be performed to identify soft tissue damage, spinal misalignments, and joint dysfunction. Based on the assessment a personalized treatment plan is developed, which includes the following:
Chiropractors are experts in spinal adjustments. They apply gentle force in a controlled manner to realign the spine, reduce nerve irritation, and promote natural healing.
Soft Tissue Therapy
Muscle tension and inflammation caused by a car collision can be treated through soft tissue therapies like massage, myofascial release, and stretching exercises.
When neck mobility and flexibility get affected due to whiplash injury, chiropractors can be treated through targeted exercises. These adjustments help to regain the range of motion.
In case of a high-impact collision that weakens your muscles, you can consult a chiropractor for rehabilitative exercises. The rehabilitation works best to strengthen the muscles and promotes faster healing.
Delayed onset of spinal issues after a car accident might also lead to chronic conditions like back pain or reduced mobility. In such conditions, you can get lifestyle advice on ergonomics, posture, and other factors that can enhance your recovery and prevent future injuries.
Insurance documentation as per Tallahassee Personal Injury Law
A car accident chiropractor also provides documentation for your injuries. Seeking immediate care helps in insurance claims and legal purposes. With the help of the medical record, proof of injury, treatment plan, objective findings, and doctor’s prognosis, you can negotiate for insurance claims.
Your road to recovery after a car accident in Tallahassee
Minor injuries may heal within a week after just one session with a chiropractor. More complex conditions, such as whiplash or spinal injuries, require multiple chiropractic sessions and may take months.
However, proactive support and commitment to treatment are essential to quickly resume daily activities with confidence. It is important to receive tailored treatment immediately from a chiropractor and get back to life.
Still, wondering where I find the best auto injury treatment near me?
Check out the remarkable chiropractic care provided in 32301 by Dr. Eric.
He is a renowned car accident chiropractor available across the street from Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown. Schedule an appointment and initiate your journey to recovery. Your pathway to recovery begins at Pragle Chiropractic Care, where auto insurance is also accepted.